2020 Summer Internship - Law Students
The MLB Summer Internship Program is designed to provide exceptional students interested in a career in sports with a unique opportunity to learn firsthand about the diverse business operations of Major League Baseball. Those selected will gain invaluable work experience through challenging project assignments, information sessions hosted by MLB senior management, and various additional events organized by the Human Resources department.
The summer program begins the Wednesday after Memorial Day Weekend and requires a minimum commitment of 10 weeks. Opportunities may be available in a variety of departments including but not limited to: Labor Relations, Legal Business Affairs, Trademarks, Intellectual Property, Investigations and Litigation. All internship positions are paid and most are based out of our New York City offices in Midtown. Please note that no housing, nor housing assistance, is provided.
All applicants must meet the following criteria for consideration:
- Currently enrolled as 1L or 2L
- Excellent academic standing
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite including Excel and PowerPoint
- Some previous work experience (part-time, internship or volunteer) related to the department(s) of interest is strongly preferred
Prospective candidates must submit the following materials to receive full consideration. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Current resume
- Cover letter indicating the specific functional area(s) in which you are interested in. Please list up to three.
The internship application period will remain open until February 1, 2020. Please keep in mind that due to the anticipated volume of applications, we are unable to respond to individual phone inquiries or follow-up emails. If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted directly.