Transfix, named one of Forbes' "Next Billion-Dollar Startups" in 2018, is the leading freight marketplace that's transforming the $800 billion trucking industry, connecting shippers to a national network of reliable carriers. Fortune 500 companies such as Anheuser-Busch, Unilever, and Target rely on Transfix to handle their most important FTL freight needs. With instant pricing tools, guaranteed capacity, data-driven insights, and reliable service, Transfix is changing the world of transportation one load at a time. Join us, and leave a positive impact on the environment as we help reduce the carbon footprint caused by the 65 billion wasted miles on the road.
Based in New York City, Transfix is backed by top VC firms including New Enterprise Associates (NEA), Canvas Ventures, and Lerer Hippeau.
The problems we solve everyday are real and require creativity, grit, and determination. We are building a culture that challenges norms while fostering experimentation and personal growth. We're hiring team members who are passionate and are energized by the vision to simplify and transform one of the largest and most complex industries through technology, data and a strong commitment to customers.
As an Accounting Intern, you will be an integral part of the Accounting team. You will be involved with various accounting related assignments ranging from payment reconciliations, supporting Accounts Receivable and Payable team with ad hoc projects, investigating open items with other members of the organization, assisting the Controller with data analysis. Through this internship, you will grow basic operational and accounting skills that has a direct impact on business effectiveness and efficiency.
If you are excited about tackling challenges to improve the lives of truckers and shippers across the country and reinventing an industry from the inside out, send us your resume.
What you'll do:
- Staff accountant experience: exposure to journal entries, account reconciliations, financial statement preparation
- Data gathering and analysis skills: identifying trends and patterns in our business to help us make more informed decisions
- Research transaction history through cross-departmental collaboration
- Clerical work including sorting mail, scanning invoices, etc
- Access to senior members of team for mentoring
- 20 hours/week commitment
- Ability to navigate through ambiguity
- Open and curiously minded; thinking about process improvement (automated or manual) that will improve our efficiency
- Resourceful and flexible -- we are disrupting an industry and constantly evolving
- Must be attentive to detail
- Must possess strong interpersonal and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized
- Bachelor’s degree (working towards if not yet graduated) - Accounting or Finance preferred
To all recruitment agencies: Transfix does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not be held responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description