App Platform Software Engineering Intern at DigitalOcean
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want our intern to get a hands-on understanding of the different types of problems we’re solving and work on projects that excite them. Our hope is that this is the beginning of a mutually beneficial relationship: we invest time in teaching, training, and mentoring you while gaining from your creativity, enthusiasm, and new approaches to our technical challenges.We want an intern who is passionate about helping developers build and deploy real world applications.
DigitalOcean’s PaaS organization enables customers to easily build highly scalable creative applications and services on our cloud platform. We serve a passionate developer community that has grown to love our intuitive simple design, easily configurable infrastructure, and intuitive tutorials helping craft and run their software in the cloud.
As an engineer on the DigitalOcean App Platform team, you will be responsible for continuing to build out App Platform. You’ll be a member of a team building App Platform to enable developers to easily develop and deploy their app.What You’ll Be Doing:
- Adding support for multiple components for the Deploy to DO Button feature in App Platform. The goal of the Deploy to DO button is to make it easier for developers and any user to deploy any App Platform app with 1-Click. A developer would add a Deploy to DO button to their GitHub repository and then anyone could deploy their app to App Platform with 1-Click.
- Develop services in Go taking into account testing, CI/CD, logging, monitoring, and alerting.
- Completing a summer project during your 8-10 weeks, which will culminate in a final presentation during our annual Shark Week.
- Attend optional DO-sponsored events, from brown bag lunch talks (our Munch & Learns), social events (think team dinners, baseball games, sightseeing, and more) to our ongoing series of guest speakers, sponsored meetups, and other programming.
- Experience with Go, and Kubernetes.
- Experience with API development.
- Passion for shipping well-engineered and tested code.
- Strong analytical, communication, and organizational skills.
- A strong interest and obsession with building quality software focused on enabling developers to iterate on their ideas.
- Genuine interest in DigitalOcean as a company and excitement to use our products in your projects (if you haven’t already!)
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to be an intern here, and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please note, our intern program will be held remotely this summer.