Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, and chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to create thriving communities. Show up. Change lives.
We’re looking for a Business Development Intern to help us create new ways of partnering with other companies to drive key ecosystem growth metrics at Meetup. If you're someone who is passionate about project management, research, strategy, planning, and collaborating with teams to bring partnerships to life in a fast-paced environment, then this may be the role for you.
What you'll do:
- Report directly to the Head of Business Development at Meetup, attending partnership calls, with a key focus on strategic initiatives, tactical planning, and helping to streamline processes
- Convert ideas and conversations into client-facing presentations and internal action plans
- Own quantitative data collection and analysis related to information about existing Meetup users and partners to inform our direction on partnerships and be used in sales materials
- Create and manage outbound outreach to attract interest in various initiatives using tools including LinkedIn, Salesloft, and Salesforce
- Write emails to prospects and partners to drive conversations forward
- Be the point person for cross-functional efforts (e.g. marketing, product, engineering)
- Be autonomous. You'll take full ownership of your work and you take responsibility for every detail each step of the way
- Communicate clearly to present your work at different stages
- Ability to think long- and short-term to move partnerships forward as they grow in scale and scope
Who you are:
- You are incredibly curious, with high aptitude, and a love of diving into the details on research and analysis
- You are excellent with data analytics in Google Sheets
- You love to break big projects and ideas down into clear next steps with reasonable and achievable timelines
- You are excellent at creating one-sheeters and decks with tools like Google Slides, Docs, and Sheets and have a good eye for knowing what to include and when they’re ready to share
- You're an excellent communicator and can clearly articulate your ideas and recommendations in writing and in conversation
- BA/BS degree in a quantitative or business-oriented field, or equivalent practical experience
- MBA candidate a plus
- You are excited to help build new growth opportunities for Meetup, our organizers, and members
Meetup employees are bold, supportive, and passionate about enabling people coming together and creating the future of real community; a future where people embrace their differences and similarities, show up, do things, and turn to each other to improve their lives. We care about moving fast, real-world change, and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring and developing diverse, dynamic teams in a safe and inclusive environment.