Business Intelligence Intern
Why you would love working with us
We work hard. We’re helping businesses get off the ground, by simplifying payroll, benefits, payments and compliance needs, enabling them to focus on what matters. Thousands of people already use our product and we’re just getting started. We’re data driven and never stop inventing new ways to improve.
Working at Justworks, you’ll enjoy company happy hours, a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, and the ability to interact with and learn from prominent leaders in the startup community.
We are looking to build out our engineering team of passionate, talented individuals to help us continue to solve big challenges and create a great experience for our users. If you want to work in a fast paced environment, build something meaningful and have fun while doing it, we would love to hear from you!
Justworks is seeking an excited undergraduate student with a passion for numbers and a demonstrated proficiency in manipulating large data sets to join the small but mighty Business Intelligence (BI) team. This intern will work closely with the Director of Operations & Business Insights, our Business Intelligence Analyst and our Data Engineer to dig into the weeds on all the data we collect to build reports and provide actionable insights. This position requires the ability and willingness to work with all the other departments (Leadership, Sales, Marketing, Customer Experience, Operations, Product, and Engineering) to improve overall understanding of the business and help solve complex problems as we continue to evolve.
- Perform analyses to gain deeper insight into the business and help us operate more efficiently and intelligently
- Contribute to analytics code repository so analytical work can continue being iterated upon after internship, leaving a lasting impact on the team
- Present findings to the company at an All Hands meeting culminating the internship
- Potential for other ad-hoc analytical work on projects as needed
- Ability to learn SQL for data extraction
- Strong knowledge of Excel, R or Python for data manipulation
- Comfort with predictive modeling techniques
- Working towards undergraduate degree in quantitative field preferred (eg. Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Economics, Physics)
- Experience translating complex data questions into meaningful insights for non-technical stakeholders
The ideal candidate will:
- be a self-starter with a desire to make an impact
- be independent yet a strong team-player
- be detail-oriented
- be an excellent communicator
- have strong analytical skills
- be passionate about solving important business problems and not afraid to dig into the weeds
- be excited about being challenged and learning new things