Communications & Marketing Intern
Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, and chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to create thriving communities — something that couldn’t be more important right now in our world, and in the tech industry.
We are seeking a Communications and Marketing intern to join the marketing team at Meetup.
In this role, you will:
- Support all parts of Meetup’s external communications and marketing functions including PR, social media, paid media and communications
- Prepare media lists and reporter backgrounders
- Conduct research to inform media and event opportunities
- Identify story ideas and how to bring those stories to life
- Draft press materials including press releases and FAQ
- Monitor for Meetup and competitor/industry news
- Propose and draft content for social media channels
- Organize marketing collateral, assets, and testimonials
- Keep up to date with social media trends
- Liaise with Meetup members and organizers on marketing opportunities
- General support on other marketing and external communications initiatives
You should be someone who:
- Has knowledge of the media landscape, including digital and social media
- Has a keen eye for storytelling and social media content
- Has an interest in marketing and pr
- Has exceptional organizational skills and thrives in project management
- Has strong, flexible writing skills and cares about the details
- Has strong research and analytical skills
- Has a finger on the pulse of what’s trending
If the above describes you and your passions, apply, we want to hear from you! Cover letter and resume are required for your application. Tell us your story, we want to know who you are!
Eligibility: You are pursuing a Bachelor's (junior or senior year) or Master's degree; or have otherwise demonstrated professional level experience. This internship runs approximately 10 to 12 weeks (June 2019 through August 2019).