Compliance Intern, MBA/JD at Betterment
There aren’t many firms where interns can make substantial contributions, but that is something Betterment consistently provides the opportunity to do (even in a short amount of time)! While we love to jump right into the thick of things, we absolutely invest time in teaching, training, and mentoring you while gaining from your creativity, enthusiasm, and new approaches to our inner-workings. Fresh perspectives and iterations to breakthrough are more than encouraged, they’re highly valued. You’ll get hands-on experience in a professional workplace (whether remote or in person), establish useful contacts, and gain knowledge for future endeavors. Best of all, you get to experience what it’s like working for a leading and highly competitive fintech robo-advisor in the industry.
This is a for credit, non-paid internship opportunity.About the right intern:
We are seeking a driven student eager to flex your skills at a fast paced and innovative registered investment advisor and broker dealer. You want to not only learn how a team builds and executes an efficient and effective compliance program, you want to help create and implement it, and you’re not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get to work. You have a business mind used to approach things strategically, and are always willing to align internally and run with your ideas to make the Compliance Team’s goals come to life. You’ve never met a question you weren’t willing to (or curious about) find the answer to. You have the confidence and ability to work independently, and can communicate clearly and constructively.A Day in the Life:
- Improve and develop fundamentals of a compliance program for a registered investment advisor with over 500,000 clients and 21 billion AUM
- Research, analyze, and apply regulatory guidance or best practices related to investment advisors
- Gain familiarity with SEC regulations
- Help streamline, automate, and improve compliance functionality across various business lines
- Assist with and take the lead on components of large scale projects related to our regulatory priorities and Compliance Team goals
- Provide support to our Compliance Team
- Pursuing a Masters or advanced degree, certificate, or specialization in Regulatory Compliance or a related field; or a Law Student with experience or interest in Regulatory Compliance
- Eligible to receive School Credit for this opportunity
- A self-starter with meticulous attention to detail that enjoys a collaborative team environment
- Passionate for fintech, with an interest in personal finance & investing
- Driven by an objective and determined to bring it to fruition
Please note that Betterment is dedicated to providing accommodations to candidates with disabilities. If you need accommodations at any point throughout the interview process, please reach out to [email protected]About Betterment
Betterment is one of the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $20 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 500,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more.Come join us!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.