Containers Engineering Intern at DigitalOcean
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.We want an intern who is passionate about helping developers build and deploy real world applications.
DigitalOcean’s Containers team enables customers to easily build highly scalable creative applications and services on our cloud platform. We serve a passionate developer community that has grown to love our intuitive simple design, easily configurable infrastructure, and intuitive tutorials helping craft and run their software in the cloud. The team also serves the internal engineering team by providing an interface layer in order to provide a seamless Kubernetes experience.
As an engineer on the DigitalOcean Containers team, you will be responsible for continuing to building out the DigitalOcean Kubernetes platform and internal tools that enable DigitalOcean Engineers to utilize the internal Kubernetes platform more easily. You’ll be a member of a team building an ecosystem of solutions with trusted partners to enable developers to design, build, deploy, and scale their ideas.What You’ll Be Doing:
- Develop a Web UI that provides DigitalOcean engineers a single pane of glass dashboard to see the status of their applications running on the internal Kubernetes platform and run necessary operations on them.
- Develop services in Go taking into account testing, CI/CD, logging, monitoring, and alerting.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with Golang and data stores such as MySQL.
- Passion and experience in developing a full-stack application
- Passion and experience shipping well-engineered and tested code.
- Exceptional programming skills.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- A strong interest and obsession with building quality software focused on enabling developers to iterate on their ideas.
- Genuine interest in DigitalOcean as a company and excitement to use our products in your projects (if you haven’t already!)
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to be an intern here, and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please note, our intern program will be held remotely this summer.