Content Intern (Summer 2019)
theSkimm is a membership company dedicated to helping female millennials live smarter lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members existing routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than seven million people. We're fundamentally changing the way our members consume news, consider products or services, and take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, and we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, and on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, and more than 200,000 people voted with us in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we're committed to helping our members tackle big decision-making moments in life by giving them the information they need to make informed and empowered choices whether that be in civic engagement, finance, career, health, and more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we've since grown to over 75 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a TEAM. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other's company. Our products help people live smarter lives and we're building a brand trusted by millions of female millennials across the country. Join us!
ABOUT THE TEAM
theSkimm’s Content Team creates everything from the Daily Skimm that you read in the morning, our podcasts Skimm This and Skimmed From the Couch you that you listen to in the evenings, the calendar events you subscribe to in theSkimm Apps for iOS and Android, the Sip n’ Skimm and videos you watch on Facebook, and the stories you follow on Instagram. This summer, we’re looking for someone who can help the team materialize theSkimm’s message, supporting various content teams through a myriad of tasks that may include, but are not limited to: research, content archival management, brainstorming and producing content for our social media teams, or creative projects that are on our roadmap. Come help us Grow This B.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Learning about creative strategy across digital platforms
- Assisting on video and photo shoots
- Participating in brainstorms for new content
- Assisting in editorial research for upcoming content projects
- Helping the content team organize and file creative assets
WHAT WOULD SET YOU UP FOR SUCCESS
- You are passionate about community, content, and digital platforms
- You have experience working in social media
- You have editorial research experience
- You have a strong understanding of theSkimm’s brand
- You are a creative, scrappy, organized self-starter
- You have a desire to learn new skills and get outside your comfort zone
- You are a team player
WHAT WOULD SET YOU APART
- You are a Skimm’bassador or a longtime Skimm'r
- You have experience working for a digital media, news, or startup brand
This is a temporary internship based in New York, NY