Content Marketing/SEO Intern - Fall 2018
Do you always have a pen on hand? Have you written for a school newspaper, literary magazine, or a professional news or entertainment site? Are you an undergrad or graduate student looking for an internship? Are you curious about SEO and love a good Oxford Comma? Great – this may be the writing gig for you!
As one of the fastest growing tech companies in NYC and the leader in revolutionizing how Americans move from one home to another, the Updater team gets pretty busy. We need a brilliant part-time or full-time writer to help our Content Marketing Manager churn out SEO-optimized blog posts, client testimonials, copy for infographics, and investigate the next hot topics in the moving industry. This position is an excellent opportunity for any college or MFA student looking to gain experience with a powerhouse marketing and content team.
As our Content Marketing/SEO Intern, you’ll regularly come up with a list of topics relevant to the relocation industry and write blog posts assigned (and ultimately edited!) by our Content Marketing Manager. On a typical day, you'll be doing anything and everything from assisting with blog posts to working on SEO implementation, to ghostwriting. In addition, you’ll have the opportunity to work on a side project of your choosing and own its execution from start to finish.
What You'll Be Doing
- Create and maintain an ongoing list of relevant relocation industry topics
- Write at least 2-3 blog posts weekly for the Updater blog – with your own author bio and headshot!
- Craft copy for Updater's social media accounts
- Conduct SEO research and learn how to gain backlinks from relevant external sites
- Share new ideas to improve existing processes and actively seek solutions to our biggest pain points
What We Expect From You
- You’re a rising junior, senior or grad student looking for a hands-on writing gig with an innovative startup
- You have at least a working knowledge of Squarespace
- You have impeccable grammar and believe in the power of a well-placed Oxford Comma
- You're interested in learning about SEO
- You’re extremely detail- and goal-oriented
- You like working on a fast-paced, friendly team!
- You’ve moved at least once in your life and dream of a world where moving doesn’t suck
- You can work from our HQ in Union Square
- This is a paid internship
Updater makes moving easier for the 17 million households that relocate every year in the US. With Updater, users seamlessly transfer utilities, update accounts and records, forward mail, and much more. Hundreds of the most prominent real estate companies in the US (from real estate brokerages to multifamily and relocation companies) rely on Updater’s real estate products to save clients hours with a branded and personalized Updater moving experience.
Headquartered in New York City, Updater has raised nearly $100 million from leading investors, including SoftBank Capital, IA Ventures, Commerce Ventures, Second Century Ventures (the strategic investment arm of the National Association of Realtors®), and more. For more information, please visit www.updater.com.
Updater is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.