Data Analyst Intern (Summer 2018)
About The Opportunity
Got a taste for something new?
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With 75,000 restaurants and 10 million diners across 1,300 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
Join us for an exciting 12-week program that will allow you to work on a product that you and your friends actually use alongside some amazing people. You’ll have the chance to learn more about the business and industry through lunch and learns and explore the city with fun summer intern events. Come experience an exciting tech company with all of the usual perks - happy hours on our rooftop deck, Learning Fridays, tons of free food, and more.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
We’re looking for students who are hungry to learn and can help us dramatically improve and expand our set of data driven products while simultaneously supporting a massive increase in the capacity of our systems. We strongly believe that small cross-functional teams empowered to make decisions and move fast are the best way to do so. This is an unbeatable opportunity for interns who hope to step up from working on toy problem sets and work on challenging real world issues with great mentorship and make a difference for diners, restaurants or drivers, while working in a friendly, fun environment.
You Should Have
- Currently working towards a Bachelors or Masters degree in a quantitative field likeComputer Science, Data Analytics, Business Analytics, Management Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Economics
- Programming/Statistical Analysis experience in Python, R, SAS, or SPSS
- Proficiency with SQL based query languages and relational data concepts
- Proficiency with handling data conveyed via CSV and JSON raw file formats
- Familiarity with Object-Oriented and Functional programming concepts is a plus
- Familiarity with java/scala/python hadoop/spark/EMR/s3 is a plus
- Understanding of common visualization best-practices
- Interest in working in a fast paced tech and product oriented company
- Desire to learn and grow as a Data Analyst
And Of Course, Perks!
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. Grubhub is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.