Data Associate Intern
The role you'll play:
CB Insights is seeking a motivated Data Associate Intern to ensure the quality of data that enters our system. You will also find ways to expand our data coverage universe. Furthermore, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with our product and content teams on numerous projects and analyses. This will be a Summer Internship from June 8th - August 14th.
About the team:
Data Team is a fast-paced, operations focused department responsible for, but not limited to, researching, vetting, and inputting data into the CB Insights platform. Associates are on the front line of powering the CBI platform while utilizing a number of tools and skill sets. Additionally, working on the team provides a full view into the lifecycle of startups--from incubation to exit. Team members can expect to hone in on reading comprehension and research skills, attention to detail, and develop an understanding on data and databases.Your main tasks:
- Ensure accuracy of data entered in our proprietary platform
- Enter data into database using web-based admin tools
- Help in production, data gathering, and reconciliation of records
- Learn to work with the CB Insights platform and Excel, in addition to a light overview of SQL
- Work across all business units on special projects
- Currently enrolled as a rising senior in school and working towards a degree
- Business or Economic majors preferred
- Interest in the world of startups and venture capital
- Ability to multitask and work independently
- Solid attention to detail
- 4H's: Happy, Helpful, Humble and Hungry
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.