Data Engineering Intern - Summer 2021 at Squarespace
Data Engineering Intern
As an engineering intern working in Data, you'll sit with a team of software engineers, data scientists, and business analysts, working closely with your team to turn complex data sources into valuable insights.
Our projects improve the efficiency and amplify the effectiveness of other teams through data services and applications. We help key decision makers across the organization to make smart, informed choices. We're responsible for many different datasets and use a variety of data pipelines and tools, and will customize your internship around your interests and skills. You'll work on a team where constant learning and team-wide knowledge sharing is a core part of our culture.
- Participate as a regular member of a team of engineers. You'll contribute to code reviews, technical discussions, and attend regular team meetings.
- Communicate with engineers, analysts and other partners to lead development of solutions
- Learn new data stores, ETL tools and other technologies
- Build end-to-end data pipelines that join a variety of data sources into actionable information.
- Build tooling and platforms to allow self-service data ingestion and analysis.
- You are pursuing a BS degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical discipline with an anticipated graduation of December 2021 or Spring 2022
- A foundation in computer science with competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design practices
- Experience with Python and data stores such as Postgresql, MongoDB and HDFS
- Have a curiosity for how a technology company builds software for itself
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.