Data Science Intern
Engineering at Knotch
Knotch is the independent standard for content marketing ROI. We help CMOs and their teams measure and impact the outcome of their content efforts via real-time, actionable intelligence across all of their content investment. Our end-to-end content intelligence platforms helps marketers plan, measure, optimize and benchmark their content efforts across all owned and paid strategies. We work exclusively with brands and we do not monetize from any distribution channels to make sure that our business model isn’t invested in the success of what we are measuring. We’re based in SoHo, NYC and work with brands including Capital One, Citi, Sprint, JPMC, Colgate, TD Ameritrade, Discover, Kia, Ford, AT&T and Ally Bank. In 2018 alone, Knotch has been named to Inc. Best Place to work list and Built In NYC Top 50 Start-ups to work at.
Engineering is the cornerstone of our organization and we work hard everyday to build the most impactful products as possible. We love to experiment, find a deep joy in product iteration, achieve stability with thoughtful architecture and testing all while monitoring our performance and progress at every step.
Knotch’s founding mission has always been to improve the advertising and marketing industries in a lasting and meaningful way. Transparency through data is our ethos and something every member of our company takes seriously. We are looking for highly motivated engineers who passionate about data and who are eager to transform an industry to join us on our journey.
Data Science Intern
At Knotch, we collect a lot of data from a lot of different sources. Analyzing this data and finding interesting signals that drive business value is a challenge. We're looking for student interns with an interest in data science and who are able to carry out experimentation on our various data sets in effort to find interesting signals that increase our business value. Interns will work directly with our Engineering and Product teams to plan and conduct experiments as well as help to productize data science results.
What You'll Do at Knotch
- Work with our Engineering team to conduct data science experiments with unique data sets
- Work with our Product team to help discover how best to uncover value in our data sets
- Learn how to productize data science results and to plan product development efforts
What We Want From You
- Currently studying Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related field
- Knowledge of modern data science and statistical techniques
- Experience with a programming language with a strong data science offering, such as Python or R
- Experience with conducting data science experiments with large data sets using modern data science toolkits