Data Scientist Intern (Summer 2020) at BCG Digital Ventures
We’re BCG Digital Ventures. Adventure awaits you.
We are an ever-growing global team of the world’s most remarkable entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, venture architects, product experts and investors. Our ventures create a strategic advantage for the most important global companies.
Engineering at BCGDV
Our multidisciplinary engineering team tackles challenges at their core. From product and test engineers to full stack engineers and data scientists, these venture builders all share a passion for innovative and emerging digital solutions. Working in collaboration with product and design teams, they use cutting-edge and custom technologies to imagine, build and launch breakthrough digital businesses that disrupt markets and generate untold value for businesses and consumers alike.
We are looking for students currently pursing degrees in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject. The 10-week internship program will allow interns to gain valuable experience working on our current Ventures.
In this role you will:
- Demonstrate and communicate a passion about building the data foundation, products and capabilities that drive business growth
- Build innovative data products: e.g., real-time services, such as personalization; A/B testing; audience segmentation; unified profile; commerce graph; as well as a big data platform on Hadoop and Spark with real-time data ingestion and processing
- Conceptualize, define, and oversee regular updates around key product metrics as the company’s challenges and data evolve
- Execute descriptive analyses, ranging from identifying product opportunities to understanding user behavior
- Cultivate strong collaborations with product, engineering, senior stakeholders
- Share your technical solutions and product ideas with the BCG DV team through design review, pair programming, code reviews, and tech talks
- Balance competing priorities while adhering to deadlines and aligning resources with value demands
You should have:
- Active enrollment in a BS or MS program in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject from an accredited University
- 3.5 GPA or higher
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize work effectively and efficiently within a team
- 0-1 years of experience in analytical field
- Experience in statistical modeling and/or machine learning
- Experience with a programming language like Python, Java, R and C++
- Ability to translate data insights into product decisions
- Enthusiasm for learning new things and going deep into detailed data analysis
- Workflow flexibility and strong teamwork skills
To learn more, visit us at bcgdv.com
Interested applicants may apply through the careers section of the website at https://www.bcgdv.com/. Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
BCG Digital Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.