Data Scientist - Internship
Min. Experience: Entry-Level
Who we are:
We are Dataminr; we transform vast social media feeds into real-time, actionable alerts. Our clients are the first to know about high-impact events and critical breaking information, enabling them to act faster and stay one step ahead.
Our groundbreaking technology detects, classifies, and determines the significance of public information. We have revolutionized the way relevant information reaches the right people in corporate security, news, the public sector, and finance.
Along the way, we've been referred to as the “super tool of journalists and hedge funds” while also receiving numerous awards and accolades from our clients, including being recognized by CNBC as one of the world’s 50 most disruptive private technology companies in 2016 and being named to the definitive list of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world by Forbes in 2017.
Based in NYC, a career at Dataminr offers the ability to make an individual impact at a rapidly growing tech startup while being supported by the experience of a company founded in 2009, backed by the world’s leading venture and growth technology investors, and 300 talented employees around the globe.
Who you are:
You are a dedicated scientist/engineer interested in helping us sort, analyze and deliver relevant information from terabytes of unstructured data in the social media space. You are interested in strong abstractions that allow for fast iteration, easy integration and short development cycles, allowing us to constantly learn from our data and empowering our clients to apply these insights toward product enhancements.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Pursuing a degree (PhD.) in Computer Science or related fields
- Research experience in Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, or Computer Vision
- Experience in Java or Scala and experience with scripting languages
- Excellent knowledge of data structures, algorithms and design patterns
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
- High levels of creativity and quick problem solving capabilities
The way we work:
To maintain our momentum, we need a talented, diverse team of people committed to the idea that real-time information can be a force for good in the world.
- We take initiative, ownership, and are accountable.
- We work urgently and thoughtfully and are driven to constantly improve.
- We share knowledge, consider varied perspectives, and assume positive intent.
- We are commercially minded and deliver measurable results.
- We maintain a sense of humor and humility.
Our offering of competitive benefits and perks include:
- Company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability and life
- Flexible spending account to be used for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- 401(k) savings plan
- Generous leave
- Daily catered lunch
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks and beverages
- Discounted Gym Membership
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.