Data Scientist Summer Intern
As WeWork continues to rapidly expand and grow, our newly created Revenue Optimization function is focused on building the foundations for pricing / yield management and inventory optimization through state-of-the-art analytics and predictive modelling.
The intern position on the Revenue Optimization team will support the development of a state-of-the-art modeling framework to improve yield management and inventory optimization at WeWork. This position will support building analytical rigor and statistical methods to our Revenue Optimization strategies and systems.
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members around the world with space, community and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
The mission of Revenue Optimization is focused on building the foundations for pricing/yield management and inventory optimizations through state-of-the-art analytics and predictive modeling. The group will act as an in-house consulting team analyzing data to define strategies and execute on initiatives that will maximize our revenue streams for WeWork.
- Work on high-visibility revenue optimization projects (e.g. price optimization, customer segmentation, and demand forecasting) to improve revenue growth for WeWork.
- Use large, complex data sets to monitor office demand across different product types and optimize inventory across the WeWork fleet.
- Conduct end-to-end analysis that includes data gathering and requirements specification, processing, analysis, and effectively communicate findings and provide key insights/recommendations to various functional leads.
- The candidate will also serve as an internal consultant conducting ad-hoc analysis on various strategic initiatives such as new market pricing and promotion analytics.
- Currently pursuing a degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g. Operations Research, Statistics, Economics)
- Proficient knowledge of R or Python, SQL
- Comfortable with quantitative analysis, statistical techniques, data mining
- Good communicator (written & visual presentation)
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence others
- Great team player