Compass is a design-centric technology company changing the world of real estate. A Design intern at Compass will be embedded within a creative team amongst designers, content creators, creative producers, and developers. Our design team is deeply collaborative, and each member has wide responsibilities and freedom to act. Learn more about Compass at join.compass.com and follow @compasscreates on instagram to see more Creative Studio work.
We are seeking promising, collaborative, and enthusiastic designers for a visual design internship. In this role, you will work alongside designers and marketing team members to create the world’s best graphic design for Compass agents using our style guide. In addition to designing for agents, you will participate in building a design-centric culture at Compass through all sorts of projects touching the entire range of design outputs. We’re looking for someone with a keen eye for simple, beautiful design that has interest in marketing campaigns, brand stories, and advertising digital/print materials.
This position reports to a designer in our NYC headquarters.
- Create rational, articulable, elegant solutions to complex problems
- Apply the Compass style guide to new projects
- Contribute to the conceptual and visual development and execution of a variety of agent branding and marketing deliverables
- Collaborate with Art Directors, Creative Directors, and Designers on both large and small brand projects from conception to delivery
What We’re Looking For:
- Currently enrolled university student pursuing a degree in Graphic Design or Advertising
- Full knowledge of Adobe CS, and proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- An understanding of and passion for visual design
- Great taste and aesthetic sensibility
- Love of iterative development
- Full knowledge of Adobe CS and Keynote. Basic HTML/CSS/Mailchimp is a plus!
- Ability to communicate and collaborate on cross-functional teams.
- Must be located in the Greater NYC area.
- Currently authorized to work in the United States.
- A diverse portfolio of relevant design work is required for consideration. It should illustrate your involvement and how you contributed to solving specific problems.
- Free lunch and snacks
- Beautiful open office in the heart of Union Square
- Positive company culture with a strong community spirit.
- Creative team outings, offsites, and socials
- Work hard, play hard
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.