Design Ops - Intern at Datadog (Greater NYC Area, NY)
We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—allowing for seamless collaboration and problem-solving among Dev, Ops and Security teams globally for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
Students can sign up anytime for a free Datadog Pro account!
We’re looking for a product design intern with a passion for scalable design systems. As our platform expands, the consistency and connectedness of our products becomes increasingly important to our success. The DesignOps team plays a crucial role in finding opportunities to develop reusable UI and UX patterns, and then developing, documenting, and evangelizing them.
We are expanding globally, designing and building multiple new products and patterns, and you’ll be involved in every step of the process—discovering opportunities, collaborating with product teams on solutions, and seeing them through to production.
You will learn how to identify opportunities to improve the consistency and connectedness of product experiences, how to design effective component-based systems, and how to work with product designers and engineers to bring user requirements into our production systems.
In This Role You Will:
- Work with design leaders and product managers to understand how our customers use Datadog and what they need to succeed
- See your design work through from start to finish: turn insights from user research into ideas, sketch and prototype to bring them to life, and propose final features or improvements that make Datadog better
- Document and present your design to the team and work to get buy-in from key stakeholders
- Work closely with our Design Systems engineers and our product engineering teams to understand how your designs will be built
- You are in the process of receiving a degree, graduating between fall 2022 - summer 2023
- You are able to work full-time for at least 12 weeks starting in January 2022 or May 2022
- You have experience in digital product design
- Your portfolio includes interaction design work on web applications
- You are an excellent visual and written communicator, able to clearly document and present your design work and speak to the reasoning for your design decisions
- You understand systems thinking and component-based design patterns
- You give and receive feedback well, supporting and improving the work of your colleagues as well as your own
- You want to work in a rapidly changing, high-growth environment
- You understand cloud infrastructure and have experience with platforms like AWS, GCP, or Azure
- You have worked on technical products
- Your portfolio includes UI or UX audits
- You have experience with advanced prototyping tools (e.g. Principle, Framer, Figma)
Why You Should Apply:
- Mentorship opportunities with team members, leadership, and beyond
- Continuous career and professional development opportunities
- Training to develop an in-depth understanding of our product and space
- Relocation stipend and travel benefits
- Intern cohort and monthly company social events
- Networking opportunities with across all teams at Datadog
- Unlimited snacks & drinks in our office
- Catered lunches on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
- Commuter benefits
- Beautiful offices in convenient locations with amazing views
As the COVID-19 crisis continues to change globally, our hiring plans will change with it. We are following current company safety guidelines with the goal to hire team members who will work within one of our offices (NYC, Boston, Paris) once it’s safe to do so. We will update all applicants with the appropriate changes when necessary.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.