Developer Intern at Work & Co
Work & Co (work.co) defines and launches the world's most successful digital products and services. With offices in the United States, Brazil and Europe, we've become the go-to partner for IKEA, Lyft, Google, Apple, Epic Games, Mailchimp, Aesop and many other globally respected companies. As Fast Company noted, our engineering and design teams are “routinely entrusted with creating digital product for companies which rarely approach outside firms.” No time sheets, just fully-dedicated teams. Forrester Research calls our approach “a model to follow.”
Developers at Work & Co work in small, highly collaborative teams to create breakthrough digital products and experiences that people use everyday. They work closely with designers, product managers, strategists, and quality assurance analysts to prototype and create a range of high quality, robust and scalable digital tools and services - leveraging industry best practices and emerging technologies. Join us as we help our clients redefine their industries.
As a Developer Intern you will be paired with a member of our Technology team and work on real projects, writing production-quality code for our diverse roster of clients. In addition to your day to day work, you will attend workshops to learn more about the digital product space and the contributions of other disciplines at Work & Co. This is a great opportunity to work on engagements alongside company partners as well as the top designers and engineers in the industry. Along the way, you will learn more about the software development lifecycle — from prototyping to production — as you partner with innovative clients from early stage startups to Silicon Valley giants such as Apple and Google.
What You Will Do
- Paid 12 week internship working on side-by-side with Work & Co project teams
- Learn and apply modern programming methodologies for web or mobile development
- Leverage tools, libraries, and frameworks used to produce robust and maintainable applications
- Learn how accessibility, performance, and security are integrated into the software development lifecycle
- Receive regular mentorship from your assigned project lead, and day-to-day support from your team members
- Participate in your team’s code review process to regularly give and receive feedback in pursuit of greater quality and consistency
We Are Looking For
- Strong organizational skills and an eye for the small (but important) details
- Hands-on experience developing and deploying websites or mobile applications
- Familiarity implementing high-quality UI based off a design file using tools like Sketch, Figma, Photoshop, etc.
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate ideas, challenges and potential opportunities day-to-day
- Experience committing code to a version control system i.e. Git
- If you’re interested in web development:
- Proficient in developing and debugging responsive layouts with clean, semantic HTML
- Experience writing clean and reusable CSS
- Basic experience debugging code and cross-browser issues
- Nice to have: experience with CSS-in-JS or CSS transpilers (i.e. Sass)
- If you’re more of a mobile developer:
- Exposure to Swift, Kotlin, Objective-C, Java, or React Native
- Familiarity with at least one software design pattern (MVC, MVP, MVVM, etc.)
- Nice to have: A basic understanding of a dependency management / build system such as Swift Package Manager, Cocoapods, Maven, Gradle, etc.
- Bonus: Personal projects or strong contributions to Open Source projects that show a passion for engineering and products
At Work & Co, we believe diversity is essential to creating the best digital products. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin of employees, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.