Digital Marketing Internship at 2U
Why Join Us?
We believe education is a key driver of change and upward mobility, so we want to make sure it can be as accessible as possible. See how we’ve evolved, and also know we aren’t stopping here. #Ambitious
We believe every person counts and every student deserves the best. That’s why we eliminated the back row. Instead, everyone gets a seat in the front row and becomes one step closer to their brightest possible future. We’ve built 2U up to what it is today with this core philosophy of No Back Row, so it’s a little important. Just a little.
We’re a group of fun people all striving toward the same goal within 2U. Our teams collectively produce the culture that we thrive in—one that promotes creativity and passion. Our culture is a key aspect to our success, so we’re constantly seeking talent who can bring our eight guiding principles to life.
Introducing the Digital Marketing Team
We are a high growth, fast paced company looking for Digital Marketing Interns who will work with the demand generation team.
If you believe you exhibit the following skills and traits then we want you here: you have an interest in both the art and science of marketing and an appreciation for higher education; have a high attention to detail; are inquisitive and thorough in your deductive reasoning and are always seeking why; able to manage sizeable amounts of information and data in an organized fashion; comfortable with a fast-paced environment and change; and embrace personal responsibility.
Role and responsibilities:
The Digital Marketing Interns will work within the demand generation org, and will have the opportunity to learn each side of the digital marketing operation:
- Advertising Operations
- Work with creative and brand teams to create ads for paid advertising usage
- Manage and optimize external marketing vendors
- Digital Media Strategy
- Run paid advertisements on pay-per-click media channels including Facebook, LinkedIn, Google Adwords, Twitter, and more
- Monitor campaign performance, and identify new media opportunities
- Digital Marketing Analyst
- Set the paid digital marketing investment strategy for 2U programs
- Forecast spend, revenue and profitability across different marketing channels
- Use data to flag risks and opportunities, devise strategy to improve
Things That Should Be in Your Background:
- You are able to multitask, switch priorities, and be flexible
- You jump at the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues
- You know how to research and understand technical documents
- You have prior experience working with Google Analytics, Google AdWords, and Paid Social Platforms
- You have a general knowledge of online marketing
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- You are enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program, preferably with a marketing, business, finance, or economics major
- You have excellent communication skills
- You are focused on achieving defined results, and exceeding goals and objectives
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment while working with a diverse team
- You are not scared of change, and you are able to constantly adapt and evolve with our organization
This job is available in Lanham, Maryland and Brooklyn, New York.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U partners with great colleges and universities to build what we believe is the world’s best digital education. Our platform provides a comprehensive fusion of technology, services and data architecture to transform high-quality and rigorous campus-based universities into the best digital versions of themselves. 2U's No Back Row® approach allows qualified students and working professionals around the world to experience a first-rate university education and successful outcomes. To learn more, visit 2U.com.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with snacks and seltzer.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.