Electrical Engineering Intern - Summer 2020 at Latch
* This is a full-time summer internship in New York City. Latch is unable to provide summer housing or a relocation stipend for summer interns. Additionally, interns must be able to commit to working full-time over the summer, 40 hours/week. *
Latch is hiring an Electrical Engineering Intern for our Hardware Team to help the team design, prototype, develop, and integrate cutting-edge electronics for the next generation of access control hardware. As our Electrical Engineering Intern, you’ll collaborate with Mechanical, Hardware Reliability, Manufacturing, and Firmware, to drive projects from concept to completion, with a focus on prototype design, bring-up, debugging, and characterization.
The engineering team works in a fast-paced and highly-challenging environment, which means that as an intern at Latch, you’ll be given real projects that greatly impact the future of the company.
Smart access isn’t about locking doors, it’s about opening up new possibilities. Latch is the world’s first fully-integrated hardware and software system dedicated to bringing seamless access to every door in a modern building. We’re looking for the curious and the creative to join our team and help us continue to change the way we access our most valued spaces.
- Design and development of prototype circuits for future products
- Work on schematic design & PCB layouts
- Rapidly prototype test platforms and electronics modifications
- Conduct failure analysis of components, circuits, and systems, and conduct general bug tracking
- Automate fixture design and development
- Utilize models and simulation
- Technical documentation of performance metrics, and track engineering requirements and specifications
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering from an accredited university (preference for those graduating Winter 2020 or Spring 2021)
- Proficient in electronics CAD software (Altium, Eagle, Orcad, or KiCad)
- Experience with soldering and cable construction
- Experience with oscilloscopes, multimeters, and/or power supplies
- Passion for creating prototypes
Founded in 2014, Latch is a venture-backed, high-growth organization that's on a mission to change the way people open, manage, and share their spaces. Today, 1 in 10 new developments in the U.S. depend on our full-building smart access solution to meet the needs of residents and property managers.
We are a team of just over 200 employees, all of whom are passionate self-starters with unique backgrounds and unexpected stories. We are located just a quick walk from both Hudson Yards and Penn Station in New York City. Interns will have the opportunity to work in a creative, dynamic, and fast-paced office environment. Come grow with us.