Expansion Operations Intern
About Managed by Q:
Managed by Q is the workplace management platform. We help the world’s leading companies build, design, staff, and manage their workplaces. By connecting office operations teams to dedicated workplace experts and top commercial service providers, Managed by Q enables companies to create inspiring offices and deliver a great workplace experience for their teams.
Managed by Q was founded in 2014 with a vision of changing how we interact with our workspaces. Today, our team helps thousands of companies nationwide operate their offices and create an environment that inspires their teams’ best work. Empowering others and building diverse and inclusive teams are core to Managed by Q’s mission. We are committed to creating good jobs, helping small businesses grow, and enabling companies to focus on what they do best. Managed by Q is headquartered in New York, with offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, and Boston. Managed by Q is backed by the We Company, after successfully being acquired in 2019. If you have a love of learning, are drawn to hard problems, and want to spread opportunity within your community, we’d love to meet you.
- You’re a people person who is strong at building relationships
- You’re a problem solver and love coming up with creative solutions to improve the work you’re doing
- You're a structured thinker, highly organized, and detailed-oriented
- You’re comfortable looking at data and drawing insights
What you’ll be doing:
Join our Expansion Team to launch new markets, specifically by building our supply base and developing our operations to support growth! This is a full time, 10 week, paid internship program based in our New York City HQ.
Responsibilities could include:
- Extensive internet research relating to sales and expansion to help us build partnerships with local service providers in new markets
- Support our Expansion Operations Team with tasks such as scheduling, solving vendor issues, supporting vendor onboarding, etc.
- Work alongside various members of our Expansion Operations team on a wide range of dynamic projects
- Current enrollment in a Bachelor's degree program; rising senior in the 2019-2020 school year
- Strong familiarity with Google Apps (Docs, Sheets, etc.)
- Ability to wear many hats, think creatively, and take on multiple projects
- Interest in technology and working in startup environments
- Creative thinking and problem solving abilities
- Comfort operating independently