Finance Intern at Braze
WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Seamless, HBO, Disney, Urban Outfitters, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 2 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019. The company has also been named on the Forbes Cloud 100, Inc. Magazine’s 2019 Best Places to Work, and Crain's 2019 Best Places to Work in NYC lists.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Our Financial Planning Analysis (FP&A) team builds financial infrastructure to scale our growing company that gears us towards public company readiness. We work with leaders across all departments to synthesize financial data and provide executives with analysis and reports they need to make major operational, financial, and strategic decisions. You will be assisting in building and maintaining financial models, financial reporting, preparing board decks and much more. Your work will be instrumental to Braze achieving its mission, be highly visible to Braze leadership, and will drive key insights for strategic decisions.
This is a 6-month long internship with the possibility of a full-time conversion at the end of it.
- Assist with monthly forecasting and long-term budgeting for various Sales & Marketing teams
- Perform month-end close analysis of actuals to forecast
- Build and maintain forecasting models in our financial planning tool Adaptive Insights
- Engage with business partners to provide strong financial oversight for business decision support
- Prepare executive presentations for budget, forecast and business analysis
- Prepare ad-hoc analysis and business case modeling as per business requirements
- Engage in continuous process improvement efforts to streamline financial planning for efficiency and accuracy
WHO YOU ARE
We are looking for insightful and analytical individuals to be financial and strategic partners to Sales & Marketing leaders across Braze to accelerate achievement of our long term goals. We are seeking people who are excited to start a career in Corporate Finance and ready to roll their sleeves up and learn.
- 1+ years in FP&A / corporate finance / accounting / operations
- Undergraduate degree in finance / economics / accounting / business
- Experience with Excel / Google Suite / Keynote
- Adaptive Insights experience is a plus
- Ability to handle ambiguity, willingness to learn, and learn from mistakes
- Excellent communication / collaboration skills required; role involves building strong relationships across the organization
WHAT WE OFFER
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life
- Free daily lunch and fully stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving, dog friendly office culture
In addition, this position is non-exempt and is eligible for overtime under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.