Finance Intern at DigitalOcean
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
The Finance team oversees the company's financial well-being while supporting operational and business planning in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. We work hard to ensure growth is accurately projected and managed and that our financial results are properly accounted for. We provide financial analysis to determine key operational decisions within a rapidly growing organization. We only hire the best to these teams, and your work will have a huge impact on the future success of this rapidly growing company.We want an intern who is a passionate, high performing team player who can take new challenges and go the extra mile.
This position requires someone capable of managing multiple priorities in a dynamic, rapidly growing, and fluid organization. You must be highly analytical, organized and skilled at communication and problem solving. The successful candidate will adapt quickly to change and will champion the advancement of processes and controls that will enhance the overall finance function. This position reports to the Manager, FP&A.What You’ll Be Doing:
- Provide overall assistance in the budgeting and forecasting processes
- Produce accurate, timely, and insightful financial and operational analysis
- Supply relevant analysis of key performance metrics
- Assist in the development of new reporting, financial analysis, forecasting, and planning models.
- Adhere to internal control procedures
- Continually develop, expand and improve financial reporting procedures
- Participate in finance projects and initiatives with other members of the finance team and other departments
- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- Demonstrated analytical skills and ability to balance strategic thinking with detailed analysis
- Ability to communicate complex issues in a simple way and to orchestrate plans to resolve issues and mitigate risks
- High energy level with the ability to take ownership and show initiative in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop important relationships with key stakeholders
- Strong Excel skills and hands on experience with analysis and modeling
- Exposure to budgeting and forecasting preferred
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to be an intern here, and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please note, our intern program will be held remotely this summer.