VTS is the fastest growing PropTech company in the history of commercial real estate (CRE). We have transformed a $15 trillion dollar industry with our award-winning platform which is used by more than 700 of the world’s leading landlords and brokers to manage their revenue. We’re continuing to expand our product offerings with our plan to build the industry’s first and only end-to-end, transactional leasing marketplace, truva.com. Truva will enable tenants to search for and lease space with VTS landlords and broker clients online - a process that has traditionally been offline and difficult.
It’s an exciting time to join the VTS team - we recently reached unicorn status after raising $90 million in series D funding led by our clients (believed to be the largest venture financing in the history of commercial real estate software), we recently made the Forbes Cloud 100 list of the hottest private cloud companies, and are featured in Crain's best places to work!
Our headquarters are in NYC, but we have hubs in other major US cities, Toronto, CA and London, UK.
Learn more at vts.com or @WeAreVTS
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a VTS Finance/Accounting Intern, you will have the opportunity to learn and gain first-hand experience in a finance/accounting department at a SaaS company. We are looking for a driven individual with a basic understanding of finance and accounting principles who is ready for a real-world experience. Under the supervision of our staff, this person can expect to participate in the preparation of journal entries and financial reports, understanding our quote to cash process, analyze actual financial data, and assist with other activities.
The VTS Summer Intern Program is from June 1st through August 7th, 40 hours a week with a competitive compensation rate. You will be working out of our VTS Headquarters in Bryant Park. The program consists of hands-on learning, opportunities to create work with teams that are revolutionizing an industry, and the chance to have some fun throughout the summer!
What You'll Do
- Shadow members of the Finance department as they perform their duties
- Learn how to work as part of the Accounting team to compile and analyze data, track information, and support the company or clients
- Learn how our month end process works and how our financial statements come together
- Perform an internal vendor list audit in Quickbook and Bill.com with guidance
- Support customer payment check processing process
- Assist monthly bank reconciliation to ensure transaction completeness and accuracy
- Conduct T&E expenses analysis in related to sales activities.
- Review subscriptions within Zuora and verify all subscriptions cancellation is committed timely
- Assisting billing team create Parent accounts and linking within company billing system
- Understand how generally accepted accounting principles and practices are integrated into the day to day business environment
- Take on additional tasks or projects to learn more about accounting and office operations
- You are a 2020 Graduate actively working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s in Accounting or Finance
- You have satisfactorily completed introductory accounting and finance courses and have a basic understanding of accounting and financial principles
- You should be a motivated team player who can maintain efficiency and accuracy when multitasking
- You have an aptitude for math, proficiency with computer technology
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills
- You operate at a high level of efficiency, accuracy, and responsibility
- You have a strong desire to take on new challenges and learn as much as possible
- You must be able to handle sensitive or confidential information with honesty and integrity
VTS embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Read Full Job Description