Firmware Test Automation Engineering Intern - Summer 2020 at Latch
This is a full-time summer internship in New York City. Latch is unable to provide summer housing or a relocation stipend for summer interns. Additionally, interns must be able to commit to working full-time over the summer, 40 hours/week. *
Latch is hiring a Firmware Test Automation Engineering Intern for our Firmware Team, to work closely with our Firmware QA engineers on testing the firmware for the next generation of access control hardware. This Firmware Test intern will collaborate with Software QA and Support Engineering, to ensure our test automation tools are implemented into our embedded systems software and firmware development.
The engineering team works in a fast-paced and highly-challenging environment, which means that as an intern at Latch, you’ll be given real projects that greatly impact the future of the company.
Smart access isn’t about locking doors, it’s about opening up new possibilities. Latch is the world’s first fully-integrated hardware and software system dedicated to bringing seamless access to every door in a modern building. We’re looking for the curious and the creative to join our team and help us continue to change the way we access our most valued spaces.
- Create test scripts and suites to ensure product specifications are being met
- Conduct automated (and manual tests, when necessary) to ensure high reliability and quality metrics
- Work closely with Firmware developers as they implement features, to ensure requirements are being fulfilled
- Help innovate and implement automated test strategies into our software development process
- Create and maintain the automation test fixtures and set-ups needed to run testing
- Work closely with support and application engineers to ensure seamless deployment and high product reliability metrics in the field
- Assist with documentation
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Embedded Systems, Computer Engineering, or a similar field (preference for those graduating Winter 2020 or Spring 2021)
- Proficient in C programming and at least one scripting language (Python preferred).
- Experience working with a Raspberry Pi, Arduinos, and/or IoT dev kits strongly preferred
- Experience with Quality Assurance, Automation, Testing, and/or Applications Experience
- Familiarity with deploying a CI/CD test environment using Jenkins
- Familiarity with testing devices running on bare metal/RTOS, Linux, and/or Android a plus
- Familiarity with debugging equipment such as Oscilloscopes, Logic Analyzers, or Meters
Founded in 2014, Latch is a venture-backed, high-growth organization that's on a mission to change the way people open, manage, and share their spaces. Today, 1 in 10 new developments in the U.S. depend on our full-building smart access solution to meet the needs of residents and property managers.
We are a team of just over 200 employees, all of whom are passionate self-starters with unique backgrounds and unexpected stories. We are located just a quick walk from both Hudson Yards and Penn Station in New York City. Interns will have the opportunity to work in a creative, dynamic, and fast-paced office environment. Come grow with us.