HomeAdvisor is seeking an Information Security Intern to join the TechOps team for our 10-week, remote summer internship. You will develop tools and processes according to security guidelines with oversight by senior members of the team, identify weaknesses in our systems that will drive changes to the overall security architecture, and work as a liaison to all other business teams.
Qualities that make a great candidate:
- Pursuing a BS in Computer Science/Computer Information Systems or similar graduating in 2022 or prior
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to communicate with people of varying levels of technical ability
- Comfortable learning independently and asking for help
- Any experience operating and automating in a virtualized environments, public cloud (preferably AWS) is a plus
- Strong interest and desire to learn about cyber security
- Knowledge of Scripting languages such as Python, PowerShell
- Review and update documentation for policies, procedures, standards and guidelines.
- Assist with vulnerability assessments and penetration testing for specific applications, services, networks and servers as required
- Assist with applications/tools including but not limited to IPS, WAF, EDR
- Monitor threat intelligence reports
- Perform basic incident response technical analysis and develop technical conclusions based on analysis of evidence
At HomeAdvisor we create the digital tools and services that empower millions of service professionals to connect with hundreds of millions of homeowners. We are a dual sided marketplace that nurtures growth of the independent small business and delivers a seamless experience in home improvement. As #1 in the Homeservices category, our tremendous scale is the launchpad to boundless inventions in technology and product!
HomeAdvisor is the self-contained operating business of ANGI Homeservices (NASDAQ: ANGI), a federation of spirited technology companies that build for a better economy. In 2017, Angie’s List and HomeAdvisor combined to create the world’s largest Homeservices marketplace. We love the software that we invent, the millions of service professionals whom we empower and the hundreds of millions of homeowners whose lives we beautify. As a purposeful technology company, we foster a culture of collaboration, and nurture growth through innovation. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We are proud to be recognized as a Top Workplace in Denver for 6 years and counting!
All candidates must be eligible to work without sponsorship for any U.S.-based company, now and in the future. Unfortunately, HomeAdvisor cannot provide work sponsorship at this time.