VTS is the fastest growing PropTech company in the history of commercial real estate (CRE). We have transformed a $15 trillion dollar industry with our award-winning platform which is used by more than 700 of the world’s leading landlords and brokers to manage their revenue. We’re continuing to expand our product offerings with our plan to build the industry’s first and only end-to-end, transactional leasing marketplace, truva.com. Truva will enable tenants to search for and lease space with VTS landlords and broker clients online - a process that has traditionally been offline and difficult.
It’s an exciting time to join the VTS team - we recently reached unicorn status after raising $90 million in series D funding led by our clients (believed to be the largest venture financing in the history of commercial real estate software), we recently made the Forbes Cloud 100 list of the hottest private cloud companies, and are featured in Crain's best places to work!
Our headquarters are in NYC, but we have hubs in other major US cities, Toronto, CA and London, UK.
Learn more at vts.com or @WeAreVTS
ABOUT THE ROLE
As an Engineering Intern at VTS you will be part of a team that builds infrastructure for a product that is fundamentally changing how commercial real estate is done in the world. At VTS, you’ll have an opportunity to learn and use the latest technologies such as Ruby/Rails, React, and CI tools to ship real infrastructure for our production app. The ideal candidate has a passion for well-factored code and making the impossible possible for your fellow engineers.
The VTS Summer Intern Program is from June 3rd through August 9th, 40 hours a week with a competitive compensation rate. You will be working out of our VTS Headquarters near Bryant Park. The program consists of hands-on learning, opportunities to create work with teams that are revolutionizing an industry, and the chance to have some fun throughout the summer!
What you’ll do
- Work closely with engineers and product managers to identify and build missing capabilities within our infrastructure
- Pair program with other full-stack engineers to solve real infrastructure challenges top-to-bottom in a large, complex code base.
- Write and refactor code using TDD (test driven development) and other best practices.
- Spend your time learning / writing code, not on coffee runs!
- Interest in working in full-stack engineering
- Some experience building back-end apps - school and personal projects count!
- Interest in user research, APIs, or databases
- Some exposure to our specific tech stack (Ruby on the back end, React on the front end)
- A background in computer science
VTS embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Read Full Job Description