Vimeo empowers video creators to tell exceptional stories and connect with their audiences and communities. Home to more than 60 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the world’s largest ad-free open video platform and provides powerful tools to host, edit and share videos in the highest quality possible.
The Machine Learning Research team at Vimeo is focused on researching and deploying the latest machine learning technology to enhance all stacks of Vimeo’s products. With the massive amounts of data at Vimeo, our projects range from user insights, networking, to video understanding, and involve a wide variety of artificial intelligence (AI) techniques, such as natural language processing (NLP), image and video understanding, deep learning, and reinforcement learning.
During your internship, you will work with us to define and work on a project that’s best suited for your interest, experience and desired area of growth, as well as Vimeo’s mission. The project might vary depending on what data is available and what’s accomplishable during the length of the internship. This internship will help you adapt to real-world machine learning problems, understand the opportunities and challenges in the industry, and acquire skills and insights to conduct large-scale machine learning research projects.What you’ll do:
- Perform machine learning research utilizing datasets available on Vimeo's platform.
- Conduct a full cycle of research from problem definition, to data preprocessing, investigating and optimizing potential solutions, in order to deliver models aimed at deployment.
- Student pursuing a M.S./Ph.D with a focus on machine learning, computer science, statistics or related quantitative areas, with an expected graduation date in 2022-2023.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, with strong programming skills and experience in Python, R or Matlab. Experience with deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, Pytorch.
- Knowledge of deep learning with at least one of the following areas: Natural Language Processing, Computer Vision, Recommendation Systems, Search, Personalization, Reinforcement Learning.
- Strong sense of ownership for one’s project, and ability to independently perform research as well as collaborate with researchers and engineers with supplemental expertise.
- Prior experience in publishing in top machine learning/data science conferences and journals.
While we offer competitive compensation, we don't provide accommodation. Please ensure you are interested in an internship in New York City under these circumstances before applying.
Vimeo (NASDAQ: VMEO) is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 230 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.
Learn more at www.vimeo.com
Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs