Intern - Analytics at Unqork
Unqork is a no-code application platform that helps large enterprises build complex custom software faster, with higher quality, and lower costs than conventional approaches. Rather than relying on the need for code to translate business logic into an application, Unqork lets you design and build complex, fully functional applications using an intuitive visual interface. Whether it be insurance, health care, financial services, or public enterprise, Unqork is solving complex issues for industries across the board without ever writing a single line of code.
Our CEO and founder, Gary Hoberman, previously worked at MetLife and Citigroup and has spent the last 24 years helping top financial institutions bring transformative solutions to the market. During his time at MetLife Gary began envisioning Unqork and brought together our leadership team who has created a collaborative and inventive environment where our employees flourish.This hand-picked team of industry professionals are leading a massive paradigm shift in the way software is built
About the 2020 Unqork Internship Program
This summer join Unqork in the no-code revolution! Unqork is seeking talented and driven individuals to participate in an exciting two-month internship program. During these eight weeks, you will be immersed in our inclusive and stimulating culture, working closely with some of the city’s best talent in your field and learning about the industry from veteran mentors.
At Unqork, we place great importance on personal growth both behind the desk and in front. Network with company leaders during our weekly happy hours and enjoy exciting social outings planned for you and your mentors. And best of all, be surrounded with forward-thinking individuals who are passionate about what they do.
Are you ready for a dynamic, fast-paced summer? Come with plenty of energy because we just don't move that slowly!
8 week long internship from June 15th through August 7th. We will kick-off your welcome with two days of training and orientation.
Other highlights include:
- Work on cross-functional teams
- Weekly meetings and feedback from managers
- Learning experiences with Unqork’s Senior Leadership Team
- Unqork “Yoda” Mentorship
- Case Study Project showcasing your work from the summer
- Lunch on us every Tuesday and Thursday
- Weekly happy hour and social events
- Weekly Learning Bites with distinguished guest
- NYC Outings
About Your Team
Unqork’s Analytics team has the task of using data science and analytics to provide our internal and external clients with actionable insights so that they can make data-driven decisions.
This falls into 3 major categories:
- Partner with Product, Design, and Engineering teams to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities
- Conduct exploratory analyses to identify what to build next in the roadmap
- Utilize data to understand how the platform is being used and generate insights for product and design teams to improve the platform
- Define and support the data collection strategy
- Analyze the effectiveness of product development process using data from software deployments
- Define and measure the KPIs to assist the Enablement team in identifying additional training areas
- Partner with the solutions team to create the data collection strategy for client projects
- Educate clients about the value of data and how it can be used to improve their businesses
- Share insights and generate dashboards for the clients
Business process analytics
- Partner with the Finance team to track monthly revenue and generate forecasts
- Define and measure KPIs to assess the profitability of each client implementation
This Summer You Will
Learn about we are using data to extend the capabilities of our no-code platform to be able to build highly efficient, highly optimized applications at a rapid pace. As an Analytics Intern, you will use the data to explore how to integrate data science tools into our platform. You will also think about defining, tracking, and measuring the KPIs that will drive these tools. In addition, you will also build analytics around the collection and governance of 3rd party data systems that clients integrate within Unqork. You will get opportunities to present your data driven insights to the cross functional platform team.
- You are resourceful, open-minded and enjoy problem solving
- You pay attention to the details and have good communication skills
- You have a passion for data and how it can be used to transform our company
- You have good interpersonal skills, are diligent, and are self-motivated
- You have an eagerness to learn and excel in a high-paced environment
- You are quick on your feet and not scared to fill in the gaps when necessary
- You have a history of tackling data-related projects outside of what is required of classes at your university.
What we're looking for:
- Currently studying for a BA/BS in Comp Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, Statistics discipline or equivalent experience.
- Proficiency in SQL, experience with R or Python preferred (experience with Python is strongly preferred).
- Experience with at least one of key databases such as Snowflake/Redshift, MySQL, MongoDB, etc.
- Experience communicating the results of analyses with cross functional teams to influence the strategy
- Basic knowledge of statistics
- Experience manipulating data sets through statistical software (ex. R, SAS) or other methods
Those who are Eligible:
- Must be authorized to work in the US
- Must be a rising senior at a US university
- Must be available to work 40 hours a week
*Travel expenses and NYC accommodation not covered by the internship program*
Unqork is an equal opportunity employer, and proud to be committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.