Vimeo empowers video creators to tell exceptional stories and connect with their audiences and communities. Home to more than 60 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the world’s largest ad-free open video platform and provides powerful tools to host, share and sell videos in the highest quality possible.
As a Security Engineering Intern, you’ll work closely with business and technical stakeholders to ensure Vimeo remains safe and secure. You’ll help plan and carry out security measures to monitor and protect sensitive data and systems from infiltration and cyber-attacks.
What you’ll do:
- Contribute to the AppSec or Trust and Safety security teams at Vimeo
- Aid in improving computer security in our office, through our data centers and across cloud providers
- Identify and remediate weaknesses in our systems, processes and procedures
- Configure Vimeo systems to comply with industry best practices and hardening standards
- During your internship you will grow both technically and professionally in an awesome environment with tons of development opportunities to learn and do more
What we’re seeking:
- You are interested in protecting users and Vimeo from hackers, fraud and platform abuse
- You are familiar with a modern web language such as Ruby, Python, PHP or Node.js
- You are currently pursuing a BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Computer Security related technical discipline, with an expected graduation date of 2022
- Cloud computing experience with GCP or AWS
- Linux experience and comfort in a terminal shell
- Working within a Versioned Controlled System, specifically Git
- Vulnerability scanning and incident response experience
- Patching and Linux systems security and hardening
- You are familiar with one or all of the following: OSI model, TCP/IP, HTTP and TLS
- Experience with web application penetration testing
Vimeo (NASDAQ: VMEO) is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 230 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.
Learn more at www.vimeo.com
Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs