Vimeo empowers video creators to tell exceptional stories and connect with their audiences and communities. Home to more than 60 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the world’s largest ad-free open video platform and provides powerful tools to host, share and sell videos in the highest quality possible.
As a Backend Engineering Intern on Vimeo’s OTT team, you’ll work on a bit of everything. Just a few examples include: handling payments across multiple platforms, optimizing video delivery and transcoding, iterating on our API to serve a growing number of app platforms. Are you passionate about solving complex and interesting problems in the video technology space? Are you obsessed with scale, performance, and building beautiful products? Do you seek a casual workplace that’s serious about making great products? If so, we’re looking for you! Backend Engineering Interns on the OTT team have the opportunity to do way more than write code!What you’ll do:
- Help evolve and scale application architecture and services
- Assist in improving metrics, monitoring, and alerts for all critical services
- Write clean, portable, and well-documented code
- Work with Design and Product teams to help move projects from conception to launch
- Grow both technically and professionally in an awesome environment with tons of development opportunities to learn and do more
- You are proficient in Ruby
- You have side projects or viewable public code on Github, Bitbucket, etc.
- You have an eye for product design and interactivity, and possess a strong attention to detail
- You are a big picture thinker: you understand how individual parts fit into the whole of a website
- You are a problem-solver who is interested in scale, efficiency, and performance optimization
- You are currently pursuing a BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical discipline, with an expected graduation date of 2022 or 2023
Vimeo (NASDAQ: VMEO) is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 230 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.
Learn more at www.vimeo.com
Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs