Intern, Brand Design at Gemini (Greater NYC Area, NY or Remote)
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Select roles that are location-specific will still be eligible for flexible schedules.
The Department: Design
In the Design team, we think comfort zones are the enemy of creativity. A dynamic team of designers, engineers, researchers, our team blends beauty with tech to create a world-class product interface for our exchange. We are inspired by design, fueled by data, and obsessed with the user, both retail and institution.
The Role: Brand Design Intern - Summer 2022
Gemini is looking for Summer 2022 Interns to work on our Brand Design team. We are seeking candidates that are interested in design, branding, marketing, and tech. You will be assigned projects that help build a more equitable future for all and gain meaningful experience working on brand design. This includes brainstorming, creating visuals, and executing on designs.
The Brand Design Intern will support the design team in creating visuals for Gemini marketing materials that will ultimately contribute to new users and existing users leveraging Gemini products. This will include social media assets, web design, email design, layout design, and print. Our goal is to provide a valuable experience that makes a direct impact on our business and jump starts your career.
- Evolve, explore and apply our visual identity; become fully immersed in the Gemini brand and mission
- Work on several projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Generate clear ideas, concepts and designs of creative assets
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team to create compelling content for the user
Who You Are:
- You’re passionate about design, brand, art, and technology
- You have the ability to work both independently as well effectively communicate cross functionally with a variety of team members
- Clear understanding of visual hierarchy, balance, rhythm, typography and color
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program in communications design, graphic design, advertising design, or a similar program.
- Ability to work independently in an entrepreneurial environment; can manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to take design direction from project leads and execute on that direction
- Creative mindset and ability to adapt to change
- Detail oriented and able to accomplish their given work thoughtfully
- Has a collaborative work ethic and easy going nature
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.