Intern - Client Partnerships (Financial Services & Insurance) at Unqork
Unqork is a no-code application platform that helps large enterprises build complex custom software faster, with higher quality, and lower costs than conventional approaches. Rather than relying on the need for code to translate business logic into an application, Unqork lets you design and build complex, fully functional applications using an intuitive visual interface. Whether it be insurance, health care, financial services, or public enterprise, Unqork is solving complex issues for industries across the board without ever writing a single line of code.
Our CEO and founder, Gary Hoberman, previously worked at MetLife and Citigroup and has spent the last 24 years helping top financial institutions bring transformative solutions to the market. During his time at MetLife Gary began envisioning Unqork and brought together our leadership team who has created a collaborative and inventive environment where our employees flourish.This hand-picked team of industry professionals are leading a massive paradigm shift in the way software is built
About the 2020 Unqork Internship Program
This summer join Unqork in the no-code revolution! Unqork is seeking talented and driven individuals to participate in an exciting two-month internship program. During these eight weeks, you will be immersed in our inclusive and stimulating culture, working closely with some of the city’s best talent in your field and learning about the industry from veteran mentors.
At Unqork, we place great importance on personal growth both behind the desk and in front. Network with company leaders during our weekly happy hours and enjoy exciting social outings planned for you and your mentors. And best of all, be surrounded with forward-thinking individuals who are passionate about what they do.
Are you ready for a dynamic, fast-paced summer? Come with plenty of energy because we just don't move that slowly!
8 week long internship from June 15th through August 7th. We will kick-off your welcome with two days of training and orientation.
Other highlights include:
- Work on cross-functional teams
- Weekly meetings and feedback from managers
- Learning experiences with Unqork’s Senior Leadership Team
- Unqork “Yoda” Mentorship
- Case Study Project showcasing your work from the summer
- Lunch on us every Tuesday and Thursday
- Weekly happy hour and social events
- Weekly Learning Bites with distinguished guest
- NYC Outings
About Your Team
The Financial Services and Insurance (FSI) Client Partner team works with some of the largest financial services and insurance providers in the world. We spend our time understanding their business problems and brainstorming solutions with them, leveraging the power of Unqork to unlock their potential. We leverage our business knowledge, existing relationships, and problem solving skills to help sell Unqork as a solution to both the client’s immediate needs as well as long term tech and growth strategies. On any given day, a client partner will be planning / running a client discovery session, pitching a proposal, building a demo, or coordinating across internal teams to get a project implemented.
This Summer You Will
As an FSI Client Partner Intern, you will be working with our sales, designers, solutions architect and engineering teams to deliver innovative solutions that will allow us to win and grow business with new and existing clients. For Summer 2020, you will work with one or many of our new clients and:
- Assist in the design of a Proof of Concept demo, and potentially own the configuration
- Build relationships with clients and internal teams
- Help prioritize features across specific demos and across multiple clients
- Create reusable configuration templates to increase efficiency and speed for our builds
- Overall you will assist in growing our business, generating new clients or expanding with existing
- You have an interest in solving business problems in new and digital ways
- You are resourceful, open-minded, analytical and enjoy solving complex problems
- Focused on execution, well organized and detail oriented
- Think abstractly but can be tactical when needed
- You have excellent interpersonal skills, are diligent and self-motivated
- You have an eagerness to learn and excel in a high-paced environment
- Preferred experience in data analysis and database querying (SQL or XLS expertise)
Those who are Eligible:
- Must be authorized to work in the US
- Must be a rising senior at a US university
- Must be available to work 40 hours a week
*Travel expenses and NYC accommodation not covered by the internship program*
Unqork is an equal opportunity employer, and proud to be committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.