Intern, Developer Experience at Vimeo
Vimeo empowers video creators to tell exceptional stories and connect with their audiences and communities. Home to more than 60 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the world’s largest ad-free open video platform and provides powerful tools to host, share and sell videos in the highest quality possible.
The developer experience team at Vimeo builds tools and systems to help software developers across all of Vimeo do their jobs better and faster, and with a smile on their faces. Our domain includes:
- Build/Continuous Integration systems
- Development environments
- Version control systems
- Static analysis tools
- Deployment systems and more
An internship on the developer experience team is a great opportunity to gain both a broad understanding of the design and operation of large web applications and a deep understanding of general problems like builds and deployments that apply to almost every software project. You will also learn our mindset of constant, careful improvement -- gathering data, critically evaluating the short and long-term benefits and costs of technical decisions -- the habit of constantly asking "how can this be improved?"Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- You have a strong foundation in Linux and shell scripting
- You are a proficient in a programming language like Go, Python, Node, or Java
- You are passionate about putting powerful ideas and new technologies at work to create real improvements
- You collect data and use evidence to make decisions.
- You are currently pursuing a BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical discipline, with an expected graduation date of 2022 or 2023
Knowledge of or experience with:
- DevOps cloud tools (AWS or Google Cloud)
- CI/CD systems (Jenkins, Circle, Travis)
- Artifact/Repository Management (Artifactory)
- Systems provisioning and configuration tools (Chef, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform)
- Metrics, log collection and alerting (Rsyslog, Scribe, Collectd, Statsd, Sensu, Grafana, Graphite and New Relic)
This is a paid internship.
While we offer competitive compensation, we don't provide accommodation. Please ensure you are interested in an internship in New York City under these circumstances before applying.
Creativity and diversity are at the center of the Vimeo universe. To make sure our culture and products reflect those values, we’re committed to building an actively inclusive environment for human beings of every age, race, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, mental and physical ability, veteran status, national origin, and ancestry. At Vimeo, diverse backgrounds, refreshing perspectives, and open hearts are all welcome. If you like the sound of that, come work with us.
Vimeo (NASDAQ: VMEO) is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 230 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.
Learn more at www.vimeo.com
Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs