Intern, Frontend Engineering at Vimeo
We’re looking for an engineering intern to join our creative and marketing team. This team is responsible for all of Vimeo’s creative marketing output — everything from the website, email campaigns, display ads, and more. You will be mentored by and work under the guidance of a Vimeo front-end developer in New York. The timeframe for the internship is 3 days per week for 12 weeks.
What you’ll do:
- Build and improve upon our already first-in-class tools for video creators that combine high-quality user experience with performance and scalability
- Work closely with the front-end developer to move projects from conception to launch, then iterate, build, and test new features
- Build custom blocks for our WordPress sites and improve existing features and themes
- Grow technically and professionally in a collaborative and inclusive environment with opportunities to learn and share with others
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- Proficient in programming fundamentals - including performance and design patterns
- An eye for product design and interactivity
- Experience working on a user-facing project
- Ability to work on tasks of various sizes while keeping larger objectives in mind
- Are able to communicate and collaborate respectfully and effectively with both technical and non-technical teams
- Pay great attention to detail and customer focus on every project no matter the size
Bonus points (nice skills to have, but not needed):
- Experience with the React framework
- Experience working with Restful APIs
- Experience with WordPress and or other page building tools
Vimeo is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 200 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.
Learn more at www.vimeo.com
Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs