Internal Communications Director at Cedar
Cedar is improving the healthcare financial experience. Our technology improves the overall experience of patient billing and engagement, enabling providers to thrive in a constantly evolving environment while helping patients understand the cost of their care.
We are also a fast-growing employer of choice (recently named one of the best places to work in 2021 by Built In NYC), taking care to maintain and foster a strong team culture, diverse workplace and engaged employee community. The Internal Communications Director will be responsible for building Cedar’s internal communications function, driving employee education initiatives, building awareness of programs that matter to our team and supporting our talent recruiting efforts.
At Cedar, we look for candidates who are driven, energetic and excited to join a fast-paced company! While this role will work very closely with Cedar’s People Operations team, you will be part of Cedar’s marketing organization, reporting directly to the Head of Marketing. The ideal candidate has excellent writing and editing skills, good business judgment and experience managing large programs and events.
- Create and own ongoing internal communications plan and work with people operations and marketing leadership to ensure efficient positioning and progress against key performance metrics
- Develop and manage all of our official company-wide communications, including strategic planning content, events (e.g., semi-monthly all hands), performance management, and other major announcements
- Write, edit, and design company-wide communications and leadership messages on multiple topics, from updated company policies, to new educational initiatives, and manage distribution to employees
- Identify and drive external communication efforts to promote company initiatives (Cedar Cares, DE&I, carbon neutrality, etc.) and support recruiting / hiring programs
- Serve as our team’s eyes and ears across the organization to identify stories worth telling, areas of concern, and opportunities to better communicate our vision and strategy
- Coordinate internal information and collaboration tools
- Support employee groups to better engage employees
- Prep internal spokespeople and provide feedback on where they can improve
- Oversee external agencies/freelancers as needed
- Bachelor's degree (degree in English, Journalism, Marketing, or Communications preferred)
- 5+ years of experience in internal communications, employee experience, program management, or similar
- Exceptional writing, editing, and presentation skills
- Experience establishing relationships with diverse partners, including company leaders
- Experience managing programs, events and organizational change
- Eagerness and aptitude to learn and explain broad subject matter quickly
- Expertise with information and collaboration apps
- Track record of encouraging community in work, school, or volunteer setting
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- An opportunity to work on a platform that is scaling very rapidly, engaging with millions of patients per year and growing at a rate of 360% YoY as of January 2021!
- A chance to join a high-growth company at an early stage
- The ability to impact the growth of our company, we value all comments and suggestions!
- Transparency across teams and interaction with multiple departments
- Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare, stock options
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Cedar will not hire any applicants for the Internal Communications Director role who are present in the United States on an F-1 visa. Cedar is not an E-Verify employer and cannot employ individuals on a STEM OPT extension.