IT Support Intern at Eden
About Managed by Q:
Managed by Q is the workplace management platform. We help the world’s leading companies create a better workplace experience for their teams by providing the first software built specifically for office professionals, support from dedicated workplace experts, and access to vetted commercial service providers.
Managed by Q was founded in 2014 with a vision of changing how we interact with our workspaces. Today, our team helps thousands of companies nationwide operate their offices and create an environment that inspires their teams’ best work. Empowering others and building diverse and inclusive teams are core to Managed by Q’s mission. We are committed to creating good jobs, helping small businesses grow, and enabling companies to focus on what they do best. Managed by Q is headquartered in New York, with offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, and Boston. Managed by Q is backed by the We Company, after successfully being acquired in 2019. If you have a love of learning, are drawn to hard problems, and want to spread opportunity within your community, we’d love to meet you.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provide a high-level quality of customer service to our employees and adhere to the set SLAs for response and resolution times.
- Assist in the support of internal and third-party applications and infrastructure.
- Document the continuing iteration of the IT team's knowledge base and ensure it’s maintained to the highest quality and accuracy.
- Support, troubleshoot, respond and resolve hardware, internet (WiFi), printer, and software related technical issues via our ticketing system, Q Task Management.
- Be the team lead in provisioning new laptops through our computer management platform, Jamf Pro-Casper Suite for new hires.
- Provide support for our various audio and video software platforms like ClearOne Spontania and Highfive.
- You will support, administer, and manage Q’s conference room technologies like Robin Rooms, Apple TV and HighFive.
- You will lead in keeping up-to-date the IT team’s hardware inventory, manage vendor information, and perform administrative duties as advised.
- You will provide remote support to our other locations through various channels of communication like Slack and Q Task Management.
- Provide basic network administrative support for Q Headquarters.
- Assist in carrying out large-scale IT projects with the rest of the team.
- Minimum of 30 hours a week for six months.
- 1+ year(s) of experience in a technical or customer service support role working in a fast-growing service oriented company (start-up experience a plus!).
- Resourcefulness - ability to make the seemingly impossible possible.
- Multitasker - One, two, three, or more things going on at once? No problem, you got this!
- Organized - A place for everything, and everything in its place.
- Experience supporting software like G Suite (Google Apps), MacOS, iOS, TvOS, ChromeOS, Android, Windows, and audio visual experience is a plus.
- Some networking experience is a huge plus.
- Incredibly strong customer service skills, and a passion for going above and beyond to make people truly happy.
- Cool under pressure, every time.
- Great communication skills and excellent at working with multiple teams to accomplish company and team goals.
In addition to offering world-class health benefits, parental leave, and highly competitive compensation, Managed by Q also offers a work culture of psychological safety, transparency, and continuous learning. We have an Employee Resource Group, which leads the charge on wellness and inclusion initiatives, and host an annual all-company Hack Day (not just for tech folks). Every other week, all 165 employees get together over catered lunch to build bridges between teams, and monthly, one of MbQ's people leaders hosts a workshop for managers focused on effective leadership. As the newest member of the We Company, Managed by Q looks forward to expanding our perks even further.