IU Intern at CB Insights
The Role You'll Play:
The Intelligence Unit intern will work closely with analysts and editors to produce data-driven reports that will get published on our research portal and daily newsletter. In this role, you will be tasked with identifying and writing about emerging trends related to artificial intelligence, blockchain, cybersecurity, digital health, fintech, and much more.
Data sets that the intern will help the team analyze and fuse include:
- Public market data
- Earnings transcripts
- M&A and investment data
- Business relationships
- Market sizings
About the IU Team:
Working on the Intelligence Unit is like having a front row seat to the future. There is no team quite like ours anywhere, inside or outside of tech. It's a unique opportunity to both work at a startup and spend your day analyzing the technologies, business models, companies, and market trends of tomorrow in your industry of interest. To do so, you will have full access to the CB Insights software platform and its billions of data points, which you will be immersed in every day. You will be surrounded by some of the most curious and driven people you will ever meet and held up to the highest standards every day. Our analysts and editors come from backgrounds as diverse as investment banking, VC, consulting, equity research, journalism, and medical research. As you grow, you will have the opportunity to work with the commercial and product side of our business, and have the ear of senior decision makers in your space.
Your Main Task:
You’ll be tasked with understanding, interpreting, and writing about upcoming major trends in the industries in which you'll support.
- Assist the intelligence analysts with research briefs, chart building, quantitative research, data wrangling, and other tasks.
- Learn to work with the CB Insights platform, Excel, and WordPress in addition to a light overview of SQL.
- Create market maps and other data visualizations.
- Propose quantitative driven ideas and construct graphs that show a clear trend intent.
- Help in production and data gathering for high volume media requests, including webinars, in-depth reports, and events.
- Other projects as needed.
- Strong grasp of numbers and data as well as a zeal for accuracy
- Strong writing skills
- Basic analytical Excel skills
- Interest in learning about tech startups and venture capital as well as public markets
- Rising senior