Legal & Compliance Intern
Artivest is searching for a talented, motivated intern to join its Legal and Compliance team. You will perform select legal/compliance functions in support of all levels of management on a variety of legal, compliance, and operational issues. You will work closely with the General Counsel & CCO and all members of the Legal and Compliance team, as well as with senior managers and group heads.
Artivest provides a technology-driven investment platform for fund managers, wealth managers, independent advisors, and qualified individual investors. Our technological, ﬁnancial, and operational expertise powers a seamless experience for investors and a scalable point of access for our enterprise clients. The asset management division of Artivest, formerly known as Altegris, is an investment research provider with deep expertise in alternative manager selection, structuring unique solutions, and providing portfolio management and oversight. Our broker-dealer affiliate distributes our products to wirehouses, independent broker-dealers, registered investment advisors, and directly to high-net-worth individuals and family offices.
- Working with spreadsheets and databases, including: verifying data and completing projects through cross-departmental collaboration
- Reviewing documents and inputting data in electronic systems
- Organizing files and documentation
- Handling various administrative tasks
- Currently enrolled in an accredited JD or LLM program
- Strong interest in the legal and/or compliance field within financial services and alternative investments industry
- Attention to detail
- Accuracy in data input
- Organizational abilities
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Customer service orientation
- Strong ability to:
- Take initiative and multi-task
- Work both independently and take direction
- Work and thrive in a team environment, including working collaboratively with others
- Perform successfully under pressure and meet deadlines
- Software versatility:
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Word and Excel
- Adept at learning new software
This is a part-time fall semester internship position (up to 29 hours per week) in New York, NY. We pride ourselves on our people and their commitment to our clients and culture. Transforming the alternative investment industry takes an environment where everyone can do their best work while growing personally and professionally. We can always do and learn more and we would love your help.