Legal Counsel Internship-Contract (M/F/D) at Dailymotion
Dailymotion is the leading video discovery destination & technology that learns about your tastes over time, constantly surfacing the best, most relevant content on the web. Our mission is to provide the best video user experience for consumers on the market, connecting publishers and advertisers to engaged viewers who turn to dailymotion for their daily fix of the most compelling music, entertainment, news and sports content around.
Through partnerships with the world's leading publishers and content creators, France Télévisions, Le Parisien, CBS, Bein Sports, CNN, GQ, Universal Music Group, VICE and more, Dailymotion commands 3 billion monthly pageviews across its mobile app, desktop and connected TV experiences. Dailymotion is owned by Vivendi, one of the largest mass-media corporations in the world.
At Dailymotion, we‘re storytellers. We build the best place for people to enjoy the videos that matter. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring discoverable stories to life through premium content from the world’s best publishers. We do this by helping these publishers grow their audiences and monetize their content, their way.Job Description
Dailymotion is seeking a motivated lawyer/legal student to join its New York in-house legal team commencing ASAP. This is NOT a summer internship.
With over 300 million unique visitors and 3 billion videos views worldwide per month, Dailymotion is one of the world’s leading video-sharing websites.
As part of its in-house legal team, the individual will tackle a broad variety of legal issues, including IP issues, legal compliance issues, video content licensing agreements, digital advertising sales agreements, and non-disclosure agreements. This internship will provide a unique in-depth work experience under the direct guidance of the Head of Legal. Skills that will be honed will be skills in contract drafting and reviewing, legal research skills (ex. on compliance issues), and other skills required of in-house legal counsels. This internship is an ideal experience for a lawyer seeking to gain experience on working in-house.
The position is full-time (M-F) and based in New York. Dailymotion’s NY offices are currently closed because of the COVID pandemic, thus the Intern will commence work remotely, and transition to the NY office if and when the NY offices open, however the intern is expected to work NY hours.Qualifications
The ideal applicant has the following qualifications:
- Required: Be currently enrolled in Law School or be freshly graduated from Law School;
- Required: Be able to work from the US (given the current pandemic, the candidate must have US Citizenship or a Greencard, or already be in the US on an OPT);
- Required: Excellent/perfectly fluent level of English (written and oral). French preferred but not required;
- Required: Be able to commit to a minimum 6-month period commencing ASAP;
- Be an internationally minded individual;
- Experience in intellectual property and/or contract law and/or working in the tech industry;
- Meticulous attention to detail, great organizational skills, and ability to manage multiple contracts at once;
- Good comprehension of confidentiality obligations and good interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently in a friendly, a team-oriented environment;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to effectively and professionally communicate with all levels of management, co-workers, and external parties;
- Strong knowledge of MS Office.
Start date: ASAP
Duration: 6-month internship
- Salary: $20.00 - $30.00 USD / hr (DOE)
- Commuter benefits (Metro-card): 100% covered by the company (on pause while company is WFH, to be restarted once office opens).
- Applicants should send a resume and brief cover letter attached