Legal Intern Spring 2020 at Fluent, Inc.
Fluent is looking for a passionate individual to join us for a part-time or full-time internship in the legal department for the Spring 2020 semester. The Legal Intern will become familiar with laws such as the Restore Online Shopper’s Confidence Act, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, the General Data Protection Regulations and Section 5 of the Federal Trade Commission Act, to effectively make strategic decisions. The Legal Intern will often be presented with complex research questions and draft documents. The Legal Intern will work closely with the General Counsel and other members of the legal and compliance team. If you apply for the part-time internship, you must be able to work at least 20 hours per week. Full time preferred with the option to extend your internship through the summer. Please submit a cover letter with your application.
- Audit creatives alongside the compliance team.
- Review and draft legal and business documents.
- Assist in developing and executing plans to ensure compliance with all applicable laws.
- Review privacy policies and terms and conditions.
- Research complex legal questions.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Completion of first year from a top-tier ABA-accredited law school.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Experience researching legal issues and questions.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines and work independently.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated interest in contracts, digital marketing, and/or privacy.
At Fluent, we like what we do and we like who we do it with. Our team is a tight-knit crew of go-getters; we love to celebrate our successes! In addition we offer a fully stocked kitchen, catered breakfast and lunch, and our office manager keeps the calendar stocked with activity-filled events. When we’re not eating, working out, or planning parties, Fluent folks can be found participating in recreational sports leagues, networking with She Runs It, and bonding with across teams during quarterly outings to baseball games, fancy dinners, and pizza-making classes. And we have all the practical benefits, too…
- Competitive pay
- Open office space for team collaboration
- The amazing opportunity to work for a high-flying performance marketing company!
Fluent participates in the E-Verify Program. As a participating employer, Fluent, LLC will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. Fluent, LLC follows all federal regulations including those set forth by The Office of Special Counsel for Immigration-Related Unfair Employment Practices (OSC). The OSC enforces the anti-discrimination provision (§ 274B) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), 8 U.S.C. § 1324b.