Legal Intern - Spring Semester at Prove (Formerly Payfone)
| Greater NYC Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:51 a.m. (EST) on Tuesday, February 23, 2021
Prove is the modern platform for continuous identity authentication and is used by over 1,000 enterprises and 500 financial institutions including 9 of the top 10 U.S. banks. Prove’s cloud solutions and mobile intelligence -driven APIs can be easily orchestrated to increase Approve Rates to over 90%, enabling companies to authenticate customer identities accurately, effortlessly, and privately, while mitigating fraud. Prove’s solutions are available in 195 countries. For the latest updates from Prove, follow us on LinkedIn.
As we continue to scale our company, we are looking for people who know how to make an impact. We’re talking self-starting professionals who thrive in a fast-paced environment, process information quickly and make intelligent decisions. The work is challenging and requires not only smarts, but natural curiosity and tenacity. Teamwork is also important to us – we work together and play together.
Prove has big plans; we’re excited and optimistic about the future. If this sounds like a career for you – come check us out.
Prove is looking for a law student Intern who can support the management and enforcement of Prove’s global intellectual property portfolio, and assist in negotiating commercial agreements.
What You Are Accountable For:
- Assist in patent/trademark prosecution support, including helping gather information from internal clients.
- Conduct legal research.
- Helping populate our internal systems with relevant documents.
- Assist in commercial contract negotiations.
What We Require:
- Experience with a technology company and experience supporting the drafting and revising of commercial contracts, including but not limited to vendors, sales agreements, NDAs, and MSAs.
- Experience in maintaining and operating within contract management and other systems.
- Must possess exceptional oral and written communication skills. Strong proofreading skills. Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision in an atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities, and deadline pressures.
- Strong interpersonal skills required to work effectively with people at all levels in the company.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must project a professional demeanor, exhibit sound judgment and maintain confidentiality.
- Must be a student in law school.
- Promote, maintain, and enhance our cultural values of humility, passion, inclusion, and leadership.
- Strong passion for learning about our products and markets through in-house and external training.
This position description should not be considered the final description of the position. It should be assumed that we would, to some extent, structure responsibilities in accordance with the successful candidate’s capabilities and changing business conditions.
Prove is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people regardless of race, color, religion, gender or sexual orientation, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, veteran status or other personal characteristics.
Read Full Job Description