Legal Intern, Summer 2020 at Justworks
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.The Job
Justworks is seeking a Legal Intern to join our dynamic team for Summer 2020 in NYC. As a Legal Intern, you should have a strong desire to learn and contribute to the larger team goals. This job requires someone who is detail-oriented and has excellent communication skills.
This position is perfect for someone who really wants to see what in-house counsel do behind the scenes at a fast-growing company. Under the supervision of department attorneys, you will receive a variety of work assignments in multiple practice areas, which may include: employment, privacy, marketing, litigation, intellectual property, and more. As a Legal Intern, you also will have the chance to attend fun social events with fellow interns.What you'll do
- Partner with the Legal team and interact with internal stakeholders on multiple projects
- Perform and summarize occasional legal research
- Assist the Legal team with drafting, negotiation or inquiries from internal and external parties
- Learn about corporate compliance best practices
- Learn first-hand about Justworks’ business operations
- Good standing as a first-year law student at an ABA accredited U.S. law school
- Demonstrated academic excellence and leadership ability
- Interest in tech sector and/or have some interest or experience in the PEO, payroll, benefits, and/or privacy areas
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
- Attention to detail and willingness to get in the weeds of support to resolve issues
- Enjoys entrepreneurial environments and wants to help build something meaningful
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.