Shutterstock’s Legal Department seeks an energetic law student to join our team for the summer and support the department in areas such as intellectual property, licensing and enforcement, regulatory compliance, marketing and advertising law, employment law, and general legal research.
Examples of Responsibilities:
- Identify and investigate third party license abuse, copyright infringement, content piracy, trademark infringement and cybersquatting.
- Prepare cease & desist letters and other third party correspondence to enforce Shutterstock’s licenses and intellectual property rights.
- Assist with the Legal Department’s licensing and general commercial activities, including drafting and modifying content license agreements and review of vendor agreements.
- Conduct legal research and prepare memos on matters of interest to Shutterstock, which include intellectual property (copyright, trademark, and patent), corporate governance, marketing and advertising, employment, and regulatory compliance.
- Assist with global privacy compliance requirements.
- Other legal and administrative support for the Legal Department as needed.
- Rising 2L or 3L (as of Summer 2018) with a demonstrated interest or experience in intellectual property and technology law;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Strong research skills (while Lexis/Westlaw skills will come in handy, we primarily use publicly available sources);
- Strong desire to learn about business and function within an in-house legal team;
- Self-starter with excellent organizational, communication and process skills with the ability to multi-task and follow through on numerous projects;
- Ability to work independently, coupled with strong interpersonal skills, resourcefulness and an ability to participate in a collaborative team environment; and
- Enthusiasm and a sense of humor.
Shutterstock, a global technology company, has created the largest and most vibrant two-sided marketplace for creative professionals to license content - including images, videos, and music - as well as innovative tools that power the creative process.
The company has expanded its portfolio to include Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; PremiumBeat, a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media; as well as Offset, a high-end image collection.
For more information, please visit www.shutterstock.com, follow Shutterstock on Twitter, Facebookand Instagram.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V