Hyperscience modernizes mission-critical processes and operations for the world's largest organizations and government agencies. Since 2014, Hyperscience’s automation technology has helped data-centric companies parse through vast amounts of unstructured inputs and raw information to get to swifter and smarter business outcomes. Through the Hyperscience Platform, enterprises are empowered to transform their operations, and drive operational efficiency as well as human productivity by fully unlocking the power of their data.
Ranked on the Inc. Fastest-Growing Company List, Hyperscience has raised $190M from investors including Tiger Global, BOND, Bessemer Venture Partners, Stripes, and FirstMark. The company has consistently been recognized as one of the best places to work with a collaborative and innovative culture and best-in-class benefits.
The company has a global footprint with offices in New York City, Sofia, Bulgaria, Toronto, Canada, and London, UK.
We’re looking for highly motivated and innovative Machine Learning talent to join us on our mission to reinvent the way businesses and humans interact. Machine Learning sits at the core of our efforts to automate the future of work by creating a new digital assembly line, where humans and machines constantly interact and collaborate on mission-critical processes.
As a Machine Learning intern, you’ll research cutting-edge techniques in Computer Vision and Natural Language Processing, implement them in a fast-paced AI startup environment, and ensure thеy are integrated in a reliable and scalable way to bring real value to customers. You will be matched to a mentor and a squad based on your areas of interest, and you’ll contribute to projects that deliver real value to current and future customers. Our Machine Learning team is full of talented Stanford, MIT, and Harvard alums, and is led by our Head of Machine Learning CF Su, formerly the Head of Machine Learning at Quora.
This internship opportunity will run from June to August 2022 and will take place in-person at our NYC office.
- Explore and leverage state-of-the-art machine learning techniques to solve a given research problem in NLP or Computer Vision.
- Take full ownership of solving a real problem faced by Hyperscience’s customers, including collecting training data, researching a modelling approach, and iterating on it.
- Partner closely with a mentor and collaborate with other ML engineers as a full-time member on one of our 5 ML teams.
- Work closely with the application engineering teams to integrate the solution into the product to deliver value to Hyperscience’s customers.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science, statistics, mathematics, electrical engineering, machine learning, or related technical field and returning to the program after the completion of the internship.
- Hands-on experience (classroom/work) in Natural Language Understanding, Computer Vision and/or Machine Learning.
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages: Java, C++, Python, or Go.
- Experience with one or more of the deep learning toolkits, such as PyTorch, TensorFlow, MXNet, etc.
- Team player with strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Expected to complete degree by September 2023 or earlier.
Nice to haves
- Prior experience (full time or internship) in AI or related fields (data mining, statistics, data science, data engineering) is a plus
Disclaimer: Hyperscience will not provide visa sponsorship for this position. To be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for a current or future visa sponsorship.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.