Marketing Data Analyst Intern
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for part-time work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 17+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 105,000 restaurants in 2,000 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, Eat24).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
We are looking for a Data Analyst Intern who will support the high-performance Growth Strategy & Analytics team. Using a builder mindset, this intern will develop, launch, and automate tools that drive better marketing investments. The intern will gain exposure to all facets of marketing -- Growth, Brand, Partnerships, Creative, PR, CRM and more -- and work cross-functionally to help us scale our channel, market, and brand expansion efforts.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Leading a project to innovate analytics in one of our high-growth marketing channels
- Liaising with vendors and agencies on external data pipelines
- Supporting Marketing team stakeholders through data analysis and tool building
- Analyzing complex and ambiguous datasets to produce actionable insights
- Fielding requests from within and without the Marketing team to perform one-off analyses to make quick decisions
You Should Have
- Current student in quantitative or related fields such as statistics, mathematics, engineering, operations research, marketing
- Demonstrated ability to perform quantitative analysis and reasoning
- Experience in Python and SQL
- Experience in statistical analysis, confidence intervals and hypothesis testing
- Strong interest in building tools and processes to improve our strategy
Keen business acumen and ability to sanity-check numbers
Eagerness to learn digital marketing and/or e-commerce
Got any of these? Even Better
- Experience with big data technologies like Spark, Hadoop etc.
- Understanding of/familiarity with big data pipelines and flows
- Experience with A/B testing and/or digital marketing
And Of Course, Perks!
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. Grubhub is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.