Marketing Design Intern at Remesh
Remesh was founded in 2014 with the mission to create a technology that could truly represent the will of the people and amplify their collective voice. As of March 2018, Remesh has secured $10 million in Series A funding. We are excited to be disrupting the $70+ billion insights industry.
We are a team of passionate, motivated, and intelligent people, with a touch of quirk (i.e., we have fun)! We are all united by a mission to build a platform that can help people truly understand each other - across political, geographical, and cultural divides - to help make the world a better, more understanding place.
We believe in the power of discovering the Truth which requires engaging with each other, exchanging ideas, and having a dialogue with groups of people at a massive scale. The Remesh platform uses AI and machine learning to analyze, understand, and segment participant responses to questions and prompts, online and in real time. Through this process, our customers are able to quickly draw out actionable insights as they engage thousands of participants simultaneously.
Remesh is looking for a Marketing Design Intern! The Marketing Design Intern would help forward our company’s creative goals by working closely with the Marketing Designer and the Marketing Team on projects regarding graphic design work. We are a scrappy team of marketers who are not afraid of wearing many hats, getting our hands exceptionally dirty, and cross-collaborating with all teams within the company. We love our work, are passionate about Remesh’s mission and appreciate the knee-slapping-ly great power of a good dad joke.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is very comfortable coming up with ideas and executing on them with little oversight, has loads of creative potential, and enjoys working with a tight-knit, fast-paced team. Ideally, this person would have a solid grasp on design thinking and an iterative creative process. We'd love someone who is available about 20 hours a week. He or she needs to be, self-motivated, able to move quickly and precisely on projects, and laugh often.
This is not a “sit and learn” but a “do and learn” type of role- the best way for our team members to grow is to just go out and do it- and we have the same philosophy for our interns, as well.
- Working directly with the marketing team to design web-based graphics
- Creating social graphics for events, blog posts, email marketing, eBooks, gated-content, and promotional advertisements
- Coordinating internal design work including brand and sales presentations with other teams in the office like Sales and Customer Success
- Coming up with and executing on new ideas!
- Facilitating updates and changes to presentations, decks, and documents cross-functionally
- Coordinating with the marketing and research teams to design findings reports and summaries
- Currently enrolled or recent graduate of a design program including Graphic Design, Communication Design, UI/UX, or similar program
- Experience creating graphics for websites, email marketing, and/or social media
- Ability to plan and execute design work based on wireframes or sketches
- At least a year of knowledge of color, composition, arrangement, and typography
- At least a year of experience with Adobe Creative Cloud, especially Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop
- Ability to work independently, offer new ideas regularly, and figure things out as they come
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent time, tasks, and deadlines management
- A solid grasp on print techniques as well as an understanding of online and digital media
- Experience utilizing and managing Wordpress
- Interest in web-based software, systems, and technology
- Knowledge or previous experience using Sketch, InVision, Abstract, and Zeplin
- Previous start-up experience
- The stipend for this position is $2600 per month
- Class credit if applicable
- An enviable snack pantry
- An energetic team that celebrates, often
- An office in the heart of Manhattan’s Flatiron District