Marketing Intern for Startups at DigitalOcean
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.We want an intern who is passionate about creating products that you and your peers would love.
The DigitalOcean Startup Marketing internship is a chance to take on a high visibility marketing project with direct exposure to key corporate initiatives. You will help shape the strategy and execution of our marketing expansion into small and medium sized business market opportunities.What You’ll Do:
- The summer intern will focus on making improvements to the startup accelerator program (called Hatch) application process, supporting event planning, analyzing cloud competitors, synthesizing the results of the customer survey, diving deep with the data analysis team, and ensuring that customer engagement is high and topics are elevated to the Hatch team.
- Identify and serve the most profitable customers at the right time while they are in the Hatch program.
- Analyze the Hatch sales funnel to support Hatch program activities, marketing campaign programs, and sales handoffs; utilizing indicators most closely linked with high potential customers.
- re-assessing the right metrics to measure the performance of high potential customers and reporting formats to different marketing managers.
- Develop a recommendation for loading, tracking, codifying, and tagging customer demographics and behaviors in Salesforce. The intern will present the findings back to marketing leaders stakeholders and look for inputs to refine our framework.
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to be an intern here, and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please note, our intern program will be held remotely this summer.